Inhalt des Dokuments
Applied Embedded Systems Project
|Veranstaltung ||Applied Embedded Systems
Project (AEP) |
|Veranstaltungsnr.: ||0433 L 231
||4 SWS / 6 ECTS |
|Modulbezeichnung: ||MINF-SE-AEP.W12 |
||max. 16 |
|Empfohlene Studiumsphase: ||erstes
oder drittes Master-Studienjahr |
|Studiengänge: ||Technische Informatik, Informatik,
||email@example.com  |
This course targets to teach practical competences in design and implementation of an embedded system architecture using contemporary tools for hardware/software co-design.
Students will be introduced to up-to-date Xilinx utilities EDK and SDK to design and implement a simple embedded system (Processor, Memory, UART, Ethernet), create and embed a self-made IP Core and develop a user application for access via network:
- Evaluation and Optimisation of an Embedded Architecture. According to the proposed assignment, the architecture has to be evaluated for minimal resource utilisation while keeping an acceptable performance.
- Development and Integration of an IP Core. Part of the assignment is to develop a VHDL/Verilog-IP Core to be integrated into the EDK project.
- Test and User Interface Application Programming. The integrated IP Core's functionality is to be verified by a simple plain (non-OS) test program. Further a simple network application will be written to communicate with the core through the MicroBlaze system.
- Documentation and Presentation of Results. All work to be done is to be documented. Further, every group has to give a final talk presenting challenges, problems and solutions.
Course of Events
- Short introduction at the beginning
- Allocation into groups
- Time for analysis; planning the deeds
- Weekly short report about the reached last weeks aims and determination of the aims for the next week
- Ending presentation, consultation and code discussion at the end of the semester