Inhalt des Dokuments
course we study the architecture and organization of the newest
microprocessors currently on the market, and the latest developments
in computer architecture research. You will learn to quantify design
decisions in terms of performance and cost.
- Basic principles (such as instruction set design, pipelining, and pipelining consequences).
- VLIW (very long instruction word), superpipelined, superscalar, SIMD (single instruction, multiple data), and MIMD (multiple instruction, multiple data) architectures.
- Out-of-order, branch prediction and speculative execution.
- SMT (Simultaneous Multi-Threading).
- Design of advanced memory hierarchies, prefetching.
- Multi-core architectures, memory coherence and consistency, multi-threading.
- Mips64 assembly
- Investigating contribution of key architectural improvements.
- Parallel programming on the Cell processor.
Course will be managed through ISIS  and registration through QISPOS.
By E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
An introductory course on computer architecture (e.g. Rechnerorganisation) and Affinity to low-level programming is recommended.
- Free elective course - 6 ECT.
- Course intended for Technische Informatik and Informatik students.
- 2VL+2UE: Two hours per week lecture and two hours per week practical.
- Practical starts second week of the semester.
Video Lectures on AES Youtube Channel
follow the following link to access the video lectures: