Inhalt des Dokuments
Multicore Architectures (Multicore Systems)
|Course||Multicore Architectures |
|Course Number||0433 L 333|
(according to ECTS)
|4 SWS / 6 ETCS|
|Catalog||1 and 6|
- © Intel
- Understand the technology evolution to multicore.
- Become familiar with different types of multicore systems such as cache coherent, shared memory architectures, distributed message-passing architectures, and Graphics Processing Units (GPUs).
- Understand how different multicore systems are programmed.
- Be able to select the most suitable multicore system for an application domain.
- Be able to read and understand recent research papers on multicore architectures.
- © ARM
- Parallel programming models
- Symmetric multicores
- Snoopy cache coherence
- Scalable multicores
- Directory protocols
- Memory consistency
- Transactional memory
The tutorial is a mixture of assignments and lab
The assignments should consolidate the topic from the lecture.
During the lab the students will implement some of the cache coherence protocols that they will learn in the lecture using SystemC, and they will also do some basic GPU programming using CUDA. Basic knowledge of C and C++ is required. The lab assignments will be graded.
Module Examination and Grading Procedures
The exam consists of several
achievements (Portfolioprüfung): The practical work contributes with
50% and the final test with 50%.